Europe’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 13.04% in cross border deal activity during March 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Angelus Sano Fund, Segulah Medical Acceleration and Waha Capital’s $49m private equity deal with Signifier Medical Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 26 medical devices industry cross border deals worth $168.3m were announced for the region in March 2022, against the 12-month average of 23 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in March 2022 with 14 transactions, representing a 53.9% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with seven deals, followed by private equity deals with five transactions, respectively capturing a 26.9% and 19.2% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s medical devices industry with $106.62m, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $35.15m and $26.48m, respectively.
Europe medical devices industry cross border deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices cross border deals accounted for 84.3% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border deals stood at $141.77m, against the overall value of $168.3m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Angelus Sano Fund,Segulah Medical Acceleration and Waha Capital $49m private equity deal with Signifier Medical Technology
2) The $36.42m private equity of ITM Isotopen Technologien Munchen by Indigenous Critical Infrastructure Fund Canada (ICIF) and Portland Investment Counsel
3) BioKey and ImmunoPrecise Netherlands $21.94m acquisition deal with BioClue and BioStrand
4) The $21.2m private equity of Renalytix AI by Heights Capital Ireland
5) SD Biosensor $13.2m acquisition deal with bestbion dx