Zoll Medical’s $538m acquisition deal with Itamar Medical was the medical devices industry’s biggest artificial intelligence deal of Q3 2021 as artificial intelligence deals worth $2.1bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 13.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 65.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6.02bn.
In terms of number of artificial intelligence deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.52% with 48 deals in Q3 2021 against the average of 57.50 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, North America led the activity with artificial intelligence deals worth $896.15m.
medical devices industry artificial intelligence deals in Q3 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry artificial intelligence deals accounted for 63.8% of the overall value during Q3 2021.
The combined value of the top five artificial intelligence deals stood at $1.33bn, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five medical devices industry artificial intelligence deals of Q3 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Zoll Medical $538m acquisition deal with Itamar Medical
2) The $250m private equity of Certara USA by Mubadala Investment
3) Amplify Partners,Anzu Partners,Genoa Ventures,Heritage Provider Network,Irving Investors,SoftBank Group and True Ventures $201m venture financing deal with InterVenn BioSciences
4) The $200m acquisition of Zebra Medical Vision by Nano-X Imaging
5) CCB Trust,Chinese Fund of Funds (FOF),Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Springhill Fund,TopoScend Capital and Zhongguancun M&A Fund $139.1m venture financing deal with Beijing Infervision Technology