Zoll Medical’s $538m acquisition deal with Itamar Medical was the medical devices industry’s biggest artificial intelligence deal of Q3 2021 as artificial intelligence deals worth $2.1bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 13.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 65.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6.02bn.
In terms of number of artificial intelligence deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.52% with 48 deals in Q3 2021 against the average of 57.50 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, North America led the activity with artificial intelligence deals worth $896.15m.
medical devices industry artificial intelligence deals in Q3 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry artificial intelligence deals accounted for 63.8% of the overall value during Q3 2021.
The combined value of the top five artificial intelligence deals stood at $1.33bn, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five medical devices industry artificial intelligence deals of Q3 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Zoll Medical $538m acquisition deal with Itamar Medical
2) The $250m private equity of Certara USA by Mubadala Investment
3) Amplify Partners,Anzu Partners,Genoa Ventures,Heritage Provider Network,Irving Investors,SoftBank Group and True Ventures $201m venture financing deal with InterVenn BioSciences
4) The $200m acquisition of Zebra Medical Vision by Nano-X Imaging
5) CCB Trust,Chinese Fund of Funds (FOF),Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Springhill Fund,TopoScend Capital and Zhongguancun M&A Fund $139.1m venture financing deal with Beijing Infervision Technology