The $325m venture financing of Somatus was the medical devices industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.1bn were announced globally in February 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 22.2% over the previous month of $924.53m and a drop of 6.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.21bn.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $695.89m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $664.39m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in February 2022 was the US with 15 deals, followed by the UK with seven and Germany with four.
In 2022, as of February, medical devices cross border venture financing deals worth $2.06bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 47.7% year on year.
medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 59.4% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border venture financing deals stood at $673m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anthem,Blue Venture Fund,Deerfield ManagementLP,Fidelity Management & Research,Flare Capital Partners,General Insuranceof India,Inova Health System,Longitude Capital Management Co,Optum Ventures,RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP $325m venture financing deal with Somatus
2) The $110m venture financing of Scipher Medicine by Alumni Ventures Group,aMoon Funds,Cowen Healthcare Investments,Echo Health Ventures,Hitachi Ventures,Khosla Ventures,Laurion Capital Management,Monashee Investment Management,Neuberger Berman Group,Northpond Ventures and Optum Ventures
3) AlbaCore Capital,Concord Health Partners and Hambro Perks $105m venture financing deal with MindMaze
4) The $83m venture financing of iMedicin by A ventures,K-Run Ventures and Withwin Investment Association 50
5) ABB Technology Ventures,Hummingbird Ventures,In-Q-Tel,Isomer Capital,Latitude Venture Partners and Octopus Ventures $50m venture financing deal with Automata Technologies