Total medical devices industry deals for February 2020 worth $1.36bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 58.2% over the previous month and a drop of 70% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.54bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 11.1% over the last 12-month average with 120 deals against the average of 135 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $1bn.
Medical devices industry deals in February 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 38.1% of the overall value during February 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $519.85m, against the overall value of $1.36bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of February 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) General Catalyst Partners, HBM Healthcare Investments, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Management Company and SoftBank Vision Fund’s $165m venture financing of Karius
2) The $125m venture financing of Outset Medical by D1 Capital Partners, Fidelity Management & Research, Partner Fund Management, Perceptive Advisors and T. Rowe Price Group
3) 11.2 Capital, Atomico Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Heuristic Capital Partners Management Co, Insight Partners, Lead Edge Capital Management and Quadrille Capital’s $90m venture financing of Hinge Health
4) The $85.68m venture financing of Universal Medical Imaging Group by Cathay Capital Private Equity, CEC Capital, GT Capital Holdings, Tianjin Hidea Investment Management, Tianjin Teda and V Star Capital
5) Meridian Bioscience’s acquisition of Exalenz Bioscience for $54.17m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.