Total medical devices industry deals for November 2020 worth $2.87bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 61.7% over the previous month and a drop of 62.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.65bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 41.8% over the last 12-month average with 92 deals against the average of 158 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.38bn.
Medical devices industry deals in November 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 70% of the overall value during November 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $2.01bn, against the overall value of $2.87bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of November 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Longview Acquisition’s $1.5bn acquisition of Butterfly Network
2) The $145m acquisition of Nine Continents Medical by Coloplast
3) Medios’ $143.81m acquisition of Cranach Pharma
4) The $120m venture financing of Cytek Biosciences by Hillhouse Capital Group, LYFE Capital, Orbimed Advisors and RA Capital Management
5) Brookfield Technology Partners II, Builders VC, DCVC Management Co and Dragoneer Investment Group’s venture financing of Carbon Health Medical Group for $100m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.