Total medical devices industry deals worth $11bn were announced globally for September 2022, with the CVS Health’s $8bn acquisition deal with Signify Health being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 85.02% over the previous month of $5.94bn and a drop of 14.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $12.8bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 9.66% with 187 deals in September 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 207 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $10.32bn in September 2022.
Medical Devices industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 86.7% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $9.53bn, against the overall value of $11bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CVS Health’s $8bn acquisition deal with Signify Health
2) The $875m acquisition of Rx Savings Solutions by McKesson
3) Orbimed Advisors’s $250m private equity deal with Adaptive Biotechnologies
4) The $243.32m acquisition of Medi-Globe by DCC Healthcare
5) HartBeat Ventures, North Castle Partners and Rx3 Ventures’s $165m private equity deal with Theragun