Total Medical devices industry deals worth $5.3bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the $1bn acquisition of MediFox DAN Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 116.9% over the previous month of $2.43bn and a drop of 57.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $12.42bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 6.00% with 188 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 200 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $2.18bn in June 2022.
Medical devices industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 57.3% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.02bn, against the overall value of $5.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Medical devices industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ResMed $1bn acquisition deal with MediFox DAN Group
2) The $797.86m private equity of SPT Labtech by EQT IX Fund
3) Fleury $534.27m acquisition deal with Instituto Hermes Pardini
4) The $462m acquisition of Implantable Provider Group by Evolent Health
5) Boston Scientific $230m acquisition deal with M.I.Tech