Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in Q1 2020 worth $2.99bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 5.8% over the previous quarter and a rise of 10.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $2.7bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2.31bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $2.27bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q1 2020 was the US with 163 deals, followed by China with 37 and the UK with ten.
In 2020, as of the end of Q1 2020, medical devices venture financing deals worth $2.99bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 29.05% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in Q1 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 23.2% of the overall value during Q1 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $692.86m, against the overall value of $2.99bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of Q1 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) General Catalyst Partners, HBM Healthcare Investments, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Management Company and SoftBank Vision Fund’s $165m venture financing of Karius
2) The $150m venture financing of Concerto HealthAI by AllianceBernstein Venture Fund, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures and SymphonyAI Group
3) Cormorant Asset Management, Deerfield ManagementLP, GV Management Co, Invus Opportunities, Qiming Venture Partners USA and Third Rock Ventures’ $145.6m venture financing of Element Science
4) The $125m venture financing of Outset Medical by D1 Capital Partners, Fidelity Management & Research, Partner Fund Management, Perceptive Advisors and T. Rowe Price Group
5) Koch Disruptive Technologies’ venture financing of InSightec for $107.26m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.