Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $177.4m were announced in Asia-Pacific in October 2022, led by $100m venture financing of Xunshi Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 12.2% over the previous month of $201.88m and a drop of 59.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $433.52m.
Asia-Pacific held a 19.07% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $929.98m in October 2022. With a 17.27% share and deals worth $160.65m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 21 deals during October 2022, marking a decrease of 43.24% over the previous month and a drop of 43.24% over the 12-month average. China recorded 16 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 88.2% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $156.49m, against the overall value of $177.4m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Chende Capital, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Yiheng Capital Partners, Yuanyi Capital and Zhongwei Capital HoldingLimited’s $100m venture financing deal with Xunshi Technology
2) The $15m venture financing of Shenzhen Jinbaihui Biological by Bank of China Guangdong Finance
3) Longping Biosciences, Qianhai Great Wall Fund Management (Shenzhen) and Qiluo Investment’s $13.89m venture financing deal with Shenzhen Sailu Medical Technology
4) The $13.8m venture financing of Hangzhou Shenluo Medical Technology by Boyuan Capital and SDIC Chuanghe Fund Management
5) Changan Huitong, October Capital, Season Ventures and Yinglian Health Fund’s $13.8m venture financing deal with Zhejiang Pushkang Biotechnology