The $600m venture financing of Hinge Health was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.7bn were announced globally in October 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 83.5% over the previous month of $1.45bn and a rise of 31.03% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.03bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.92bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.89bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in October 2021 was the US with 44 deals, followed by the China with 20 and Israel with three.
In 2021, as of October, medical devices venture financing deals worth $22.53bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 60.9% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 54.01% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $1.44bn, against the overall value of $2.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alkeon Capital,Coatue Management,Tiger Global and Whale Rock Capital Management $600m venture financing deal with Hinge Health
2) The $304m venture financing of Medable by Blackstone,GSR Ventures,Sapphire Ventures,Tiger Global Management and Western Technology Investment
3) 8VC,Alexandria Venture Investments,Icon Ventures,Koch Disruptive Technologies and Talos VC $215m venture financing deal with Immunai
4) The $165m venture financing of DNA Script by Agilent Technologies,Alexandria Venture Investments,ArrowMark Partners,Bpifrance Large Venture,Casdin Capital,Catalio Capital Management,Coatue Management,Columbia Threadneedle Investments,Danaher,Farallon Capital Management,FMR,Illumina Ventures,Kurma Partners,Life Sciences Partners,M Ventures and Moore Strategic Ventures
5) CCB International Holdings,China-Belgium Direct Equity Investment Fund,Haitong – Fortis Private Equity Fund Management and Xinjin Investment Holding $155m venture financing deal with Shandong Wego Interventional Medical Technology