Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $231m were announced in the US in November 2022, led by $41m venture financing of Elemental Machines, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 57.3% over the previous month of $541.02m and a drop of 79.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.13bn.
The US held a 42.46% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $544.06m in November 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 33 deals during November 2022, marking a decrease of 50.75% over the previous month and a drop of 57.14% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 45.6% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $105.4m, against the overall value of $231m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Digitalis Ventures, Gutbrain Ventures, Omega Venture Partners and Sageview Capital’s $41m venture financing deal with Elemental Machines
2) The $20m venture financing of Nyra Medical by Broadview Ventures, Epidarex Capital Partners, GRA Venture Fund and Vensana Capital
3) Catalio Capital Management, DCVC Management Co, Intel Capital, Ncourage Social Enterprise Foundation, Notley Ventures, Tampa General Hospital and TMC Investment’s $17m venture financing deal with Medical Informatics
4) The $15m venture financing of Boomerang Medical by Arboretum Ventures and Hatteras Venture Partners
5) Advanced MedTech Holdings and Lyndon Rive’s $12.4m venture financing deal with Sonomotion