The $600m venture financing of CMR Surgical was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $3.2bn were announced globally in June 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 6.7% over the previous month of $2.98bn and a rise of 89.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.68bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.63bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.63bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2021 was the US with 57 deals, followed by the China with 14 and Israel with four.
In 2021, as of June, medical devices venture financing deals worth $13.12bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 63.9% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 48.1% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $1.53bn, against the overall value of $3.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ally Bridge Group, Cambridge Innovation Capital, Chimera Partners, GE Healthcare, LGT Impact Ventures, Lightrock, PFM Health Sciences, RPMI Railpen, SoftBank Vision Fund II, Tencent Holdings and Watrium’s $600m venture financing of CMR Surgical
2) The $276m venture financing of Element Biosciences by Counterpoint Global, Janus Henderson Investors, Logos Global Management, Meritech Capital Partners and T Rowe Price Associates
3) B Capital Group Management, Baidu Ventures, Bold Capital Partners, CITIC Industrial Investment Fund Management, Deerfield ManagementLP, Eight Roads Ventures, Formic Ventures, Lake Bleu Capital, Lilly Asia ventures, Maison Capital Group, Mirae Asset Capital, Orbimed Advisors, Pavilion Capital Partners, President International Development, Qiming Venture Partners, Sage Partners, Sequoia Capital China, Sinovation Ventures and Warburg Pincus’ $255m venture financing of InSilico Medicine
4) The $245m venture financing of Quanta Dialysis Technologies by BlackRock, btov Partners, Eldridge Industries, Glenview Capital Management, Millennium Management, Monashee Investment Management, Novo Holdings, Orlando Health, Puhua Capital, Sands Capital Management, Segulah, Seroba Life Sciences Management and Wellington Partners
5) Chaosheng Capital, Heyu Capital and Volcanic Stone Capital’s venture financing of Shanghai Diying Biotechnoogy for $156.27m.