Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $315.6m were announced in Asia-Pacific in May 2022, led by $61.2m venture financing of Shanghai Yuanneng Biological Cryogenic Equipment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 67.2% over the previous month of $188.77m and a drop of 42.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $551.29m.
Asia-Pacific held a 27.93% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.13bn in May 2022. With an 18.92% share and deals worth $213.79m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 31 deals during May 2022, marking an increase of 3.33% over the previous month and a drop of 13.89% over the 12-month average. China recorded 22 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 61.1% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $192.9m, against the overall value of $315.6m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Deluxe Family,Employee Stock Ownership Platform,Kaineng Health Technology Group and Shanghai Gaosen Asset Management $61.2m venture financing deal with Shanghai Yuanneng Biological Cryogenic Equipment
2) The $61m venture financing of Redcliffe Lifetech by Alkemi Venture Partners,Chiratae Ventures,HealthQuad,LC Nueva AIF,LeapFrog Investments,Schroders and Spark Growth Ventures
3) CICC Jiatai (Tianjin) Equity Investment Fund,CICC Pucheng Investment,Qishen Venture Capital,Rehabilitation Capital New Drug Innovation Fund and West Lake Science and Technology Venture Capital $33.22m venture financing deal with Hangzhou Gloria Precision Medical Testing Technology
4) The $22.5m venture financing of Hangzhou Boyue Biotechnology by LYFE Capital
5) BC Capital Management Group,Legend Capital,Wilder Capital and Yangyun Capital $14.99m venture financing deal with Spectrum Medical Technology (Shanghai)