Led by $30m venture financing of Genomics, total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $391.2m were announced in Europe in Q1 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 6.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 0.7% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $393.93m.
Europe held an 8.50% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $4.6bn in Q1 2021. With a 3.56% share and deals worth $163.81m, France was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of deal activity, Europe recorded 46 deals during Q1 2021, marking a decrease of 9.80% over the previous quarter and a drop of 13.21% over the last four-quarter average. The UK recorded 15 deals during the month.
Europe medical devices industry venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals accounted for 34.5% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $134.98m, against the overall value of $391.2m recorded for the quarter.
The top five medical devices deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Foresite Capital Management, F-Prime, Lansdowne Partners and Oxford Sciences Innovation’s $30m venture financing of Genomics
2) The $30m venture financing of Menwell by Cherry Ventures, Felix Capital Partners, Sonoma Brands and Waldencast
3) Gilde Healthcare Partners and Groupe Pasteur Mutualite’s $28.21m venture financing of Volta Medical
4) The $25m venture financing of Neurent Medical by Atlantic Bridge Capital, Fountain Healthcare Partners and LSP HEF 2
5) Andera Partners, Asabys Partners, Caixa Capital Risc SGEIC, Center for the Development of Industrial Technology, Innogest Capital II and VI Partners’ venture financing of Medlumics for $21.77m.