Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $405m were announced in Asia-Pacific in February 2022, led by $83m venture financing of iMedicin, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 5.4% over the previous month of $428.14m and a drop of 27.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $556.64m.
Asia-Pacific held a 17.23% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.35bn in February 2022. With an 11.15% share and deals worth $261.97m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 27 deals during February 2022, marking a decrease of 35.71% over the previous month and a drop of 25.00% over the 12-month average. China recorded 18 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 67.7% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $274.01m, against the overall value of $405m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) A ventures,K-Run Ventures and Withwin Investment Association 50 $83m venture financing deal with iMedicin
2) The $78.98m venture financing of Zhejiang Dekang Medical Equipment by Blue Mountain Investment,Gongqingcheng Yongqian Venture Capital Partnership,Haibang Venture,Hangzhou Bay Smart Medical Industry Fund,Hongda Junhe Capital,Shouzheng Zefu Innovation Investment (Beijing) and Xiaochi Capital
3) Hillhouse Ventures and Sequoia China Fund $47.26m venture financing deal with Suzhou Jingyu Medical Equipment
4) The $33.2m venture financing of DeepCardio by DAYLI PARTNERS and SoftBank Group
5) Dachen Caizhi $31.57m venture financing deal with Gaofeng Medical Equipment (Wuxi)
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.