Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $474.9m were announced in China in July 2021, led by $139.1m venture financing of Beijing Infervision Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 14.5% over the previous month of $414.97m and a rise of 28.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $370.9m.
China held a 19.23% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.47bn in July 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, China recorded 35 deals during July 2021, marking an increase of 150.00% over the previous month and a rise of 66.67% over the 12-month average.
China medical devices industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 66.2% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $314.23m, against the overall value of $474.9m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Infervision Technology $139.1m venture financing deal with CCB Trust,Chinese Fund of Funds (FOF),Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Springhill Fund,TopoScend Capital and Zhongguancun M&A Fund
2) The $116m venture financing of Geneplus Beijing by Baidu Ventures,CCB International Holdings,GGV Capital and Jinmao Capital Investment
3) Shaanxi Lifegen $23.65m venture financing deal with Xi’an Cooperative Development Fund
4) The $15.47m venture financing of Hangzhou Huijian Technology by Hetang Venture Capital,Jiyang Talent Fund,Leiyu Capital,Longmen Capital and Tianhui Capital
5) Shenzhen tooth leading technology $20m venture financing deal with Sequoia Capital China Fund