North America’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 9.09% in cross border deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Anthem, Blue Venture Fund, Deerfield ManagementLP, Fidelity Management & Research, Flare Capital Partners, General Insuranceof India, Inova Health System, Longitude Capital Management Co, Optum Ventures, RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP’s $325m venture financing deal with Somatus, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 medical devices industry cross border deals worth $1.1bn were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 22 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2022 with 16 transactions, representing a 66.7% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with seven deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 29.2% and 4.2% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading category in North America’s medical devices industry with $695.89m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $261.57m and $104m, respectively.
North America medical devices industry cross border deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices cross border deals accounted for 76.1% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border deals stood at $808.07m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anthem,Blue Venture Fund,Deerfield ManagementLP,Fidelity Management & Research,Flare Capital Partners,General Insuranceof India,Inova Health System,Longitude Capital Management Co,Optum Ventures,RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP $325m venture financing deal with Somatus
2) The $227.57m acquisition of 9.07% stake in Cardiac Insight by Dreamtech
3) Alumni Ventures Group,aMoon Funds,Cowen Healthcare Investments,Echo Health Ventures,Hitachi Ventures,Khosla Ventures,Laurion Capital Management,Monashee Investment Management,Neuberger Berman Group,Northpond Ventures and Optum Ventures $110m venture financing deal with Scipher Medicine
4) The $104m private equity of Nalu Medical by Advent Life Sciences,Aperture Venture Partners,Decheng Capital,Endeavour Vision,Gilde Healthcare Partners,Longitude Capital Management Co,MVM Partners and Pura Vida Investments
5) 20/20 HealthCare Partners,New Era Capital Partners,Peregrine Ventures,Pitango HealthTech and Robert Bosch Venture Capital $41.5m venture financing deal with Variantyx