Dursox® is a thin but durable silicon oxide (SiO), high-purity barrier coating process that prevents semiconductor tool corrosion and erosion. Our patented CVD process bonds super high purity silicon to stainless steel, alloy, glass, and ceramic surfaces.
The micro-thin coating penetrates small holes, inner cavities, and narrow bore tubes without significant change in component tolerance. Dursox will deform with part surfaces, allowing a leak-free seal or radius bend while maintaining high dimensional tolerance.
Coating Benefits for Semiconductor and Research Applications
- High purity coating eliminates ion contamination in corrosive etch gas streams.
- Enhance purity by coating of all chambers and equipment. Reduces carryover, burn-in, and corrosion.
- Stabilize flow path to assure ozone purity.
- Prevent ion contamination, assure high purity gases.
- Reduce contamination and maintenance caused by corrosion.
Non-reactive, high-temperature corrosion-resistant coating
Dursox® is a high-purity silicon oxide layer that contains no metals, assuring no leaching of metal ions into process streams. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) data (below) show our CVD coating contains only silicon, oxygen and carbon, making it the ideal barrier coating for semiconductor manufacturing applications or wherever high purity corrosion resistance is needed.
- Semiconductor: Dursox® CVD coating protects parts from corrosive attack while making the surface non reactive and contaminant free, improving yield, eliminating process contamination and reducing tool burn-in.
- Research: Dursox® is superior to ceramic coatings like yttria, offering better stability, no delamination, and improved durability even in high stress areas like conflat sealing surfaces commonly used in research applications.
- Corrosion Resistance: Dursox® makes semiconductor manufacturing flow paths and critical surfaces non reactive and corrosion resistant, preventing process contamination and improving yield.