Silcolloy® is a corrosion-resistant coating process that is bonded to stainless steel and other surfaces by chemical vapour deposition. Our patented high-tolerance silicon barrier coating technology protects the most intricate precision components in corrosive and harsh environments for rust prevention, metal ion contamination prevention and improved durability.
Silcolloy increases the lifetime of components by 10x or more in acidic environments, including hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, HBr, ferric chloride and seawater.
Coating Benefits for Process Systems
- Superior corrosion resistance without super alloy cost
- Prevents metal ion contamination and improves product purity.
- Prevents coking and fouling
- Improved process and test reliability
- Improved process control- higher yields with less wasted effort
- Fast, accurate results, the first time every time
- Reduce cost and improve plant efficiency
High-purity barrier coating for corrosion and oxidation resistance
The Silcolloy CVD coating process bonds a thin and flexible silicon layer to even the most complex geometries, including face seal, conflat and compression sealing surfaces. Silcolloy’s oxidation-resistant and corrosion-resistant surface is the logical choice for protecting and enhancing critical flow paths and preventing surface interaction with the product.
Silcolloy remains stable and contaminant-free under the most extreme conditions assuring long lasting corrosion resistance. Comparative studies show Silcolloy outperforms common steel alloys, providing super alloy corrosion resistance at a fraction of the cost.
- Semiconductor: Coat flow path surfaces to improve corrosion resistance, prevent metal ion contamination and to improve product yield.
- Chemical Process: Improve component durability and reduce maintenance cost by coating instrument probes, tubing, valves and fittings. Prevent process fouling and coking.
- Research: Apply Silcolloy to critical surfaces to prevent metal interaction with analytes. Coat reactors, instrumentation components, stainless steel, glass, and ceramic flow path components.
- Oil & Gas: Coat flare and stack probes, tubing, fittings, and sample cylinders to improve test reliability and prevent regulatory compliance issues. Prevent fouling and coking.