Since 1985 ACS Motion Control has developed and manufactured advanced multi-axis motion controllers and full machine controllers which include the motion controller, PLC, motor amplifiers, power supplies and an integrated enclosure. ACS’ main focus has been ease of use while maintaining the power and flexibility required by a broad range of machine automation applications. ACS products are used in packaging, robotics, semiconductor manufacturing and testing, electronic assembly and testing, medical imaging and advanced digital printing industries.
ACS Motion Control offers a wide range of products, both stand-alone motion controllers and those that can be easily integrated into existing systems, as well as add-on accessories designed to enhance your motion control. ACS Motion Control supplies an extensive software package that enables the user to program and monitor the controllers.
Motion controllers for real-time motion control tasks
The SPiiPlus series of motion controllers is based on a high-speed RISC core developed by ACS Motion Control for real-time motion control tasks. These motion controllers combine all the peripherals required to implement a complete, high-performance, all-digital motion control system. SPiiPlus motion controllers execute a standard, easy-to-use, real-time control algorithm, or a custom algorithm developed through the SPiiPlus software.
SPiiPlus motion controller features include:
- Integrated control of multiple axes, universal drives, power supplies and I/Os
- Support of all motor types, both linear or rotary: AC servo/DC brushless, DC brush, stepper, AC induction
- Nanometer positioning and high velocity
- Fast settling time, minimal jitter, fine constant velocity
- Network capabilities: CAN-Open, EtherCAT
- Advanced software and software tools
Advanced motion control systems for the medical industry
The SPiiPlus series was designed to meet the most demanding motion requirements of medical equipment. These advanced motion control systems feature:
- Comprehensive diagnostics and safety handling
- Fail-safe operation
- High-speed hardware-based position comparison for X-ray activation and synchronisation with patient’s movement
- Cost-effective distributed axis and I/O control
Working closely with the customer’s design engineering teams, ACS Motion Control’s engineers have gained decades of experience in the most demanding medical equipment applications. Among our many medical equipment customers are GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare and Varian Medical Equipment.
Motion controller software
The SPiiPlus series of motion controllers comes supplied with programming languages and utilities that were developed by ACS Motion Control to provide complete control of the motion controllers. These include:
- ACSPL+ high level programming language
- PLC, IEC 61131-3 programming language
- A complete set of API functions for host programming
Motion controller man-machine interface
The SPiiPlus MMI tools framework, supplied with each motion controller, provides a comprehensive on-screen tool environment for setting up, managing and monitoring ACS Motion Control SPiiPlus motion controllers. Its features include:
- Adjuster servo tuning wizard
- Program manager
- Motion manager
- Frequency response function (FRF)
- Safety monitor
- I/O monitor
- Communication window
About ACS Motion Control
ACS Motion Control has its international headquarters in Israel, with North American headquarters in MN, US, a European support centre in Germany and an Asian support centre in South Korea. Backed by an ISO9001-certified design and manufacturing capability with an ongoing commitment to quality control and thorough reliability testing, ACS Motion Control delivers its products through an international distribution network that provides sales support and customer service worldwide.