Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 15.22% in deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Orbimed Advisors’ $80m venture financing deal with LifeWell, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 39 medical devices industry deals worth $271.4m were announced for the region in July 2022, against the 12-month average of 46 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in July 2022 with 36 transactions, representing a 92.3% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with three deals capturing a 7.7% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry with $261.76m, followed by M&A $9.65m.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 56.9% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $154.48m, against the overall value of $271.4m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Orbimed Advisors $80m venture financing deal with LifeWell
2) The $29.8m venture financing of Beijing Yading Information Technology by Eastern Bell Capital,Haier Capital,Sinovation Ventures and Xingtuo Capital
3) Huatai Zijin Investment,Jointown Pharmaceutical Group,Nanjing New Industry Investment Group and Wenzhou Investment $14.93m venture financing deal with Nanjing Puguang Biotechnology
4) The $14.93m venture financing of Shanghai Keku Medical Technology by Puhua Capital and Qishen Venture Capital
5) Dachen Caizhi,Daoyuan Capital Management (Beijing),Guangzhou Anbiping Pharmaceutical Technology,Huihe Capital,Kaipu Biotechnology and Qiming Venture Partners $14.82m venture financing deal with Beijing Zhizhen Biotechnology