China’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 23.33% in overall deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Winner Medical Group’s $114.35m acquisition of 55% stake in Zhejiang Longtai Medical Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 23 deals worth $223.4m were announced in April 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 30 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 21 deals, which accounted for 91.3% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with two deals accounting for 8.7% of overall deal activity in the China’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in China’s medical devices industry with total deals worth $118.6m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $104.81m.
China medical devices industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry deals accounted for 79.3% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $177.11m, against the overall value of $223.4m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Winner Medical Group $114.35m acquisition deal for 55% stake in Zhejiang Longtai Medical Technology
2) The $15.71m venture financing of Shanghai Yipu Biotechnology by Industrial Capital
3) Boyuan Capital,Guotai Junan Innovation Investment and Yinshengtai Capital $15.7m venture financing deal with Shanghai Ruijing Biotechnology
4) The $15.69m venture financing of Jiangsu Baisaifei Biological Technology by Huatai Securities,Jiu Zhao Investment,National Qian Venture Capital,Shenwan Hongyuan Investment and Suzhou Industrial Park Science and Technology Innovation Fund
5) Qianhou Yingkang Fund,Taikun Fund,Xie Li Investment and Yinglian Health Fund $15.66m venture financing deal with Shanghai Langhe Medical Equipment
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.