The $139.1m venture financing of Beijing Infervision Technology was the medical devices industry’s top artificial intelligence venture financing deal as total deals worth $340.1m were announced globally in July 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 67.9% over the previous month of $1.06bn and a drop of 16.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $407.07m.
Comparing artificial intelligence venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $197.78m. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $139.1m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for medical devices industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of artificial intelligence venture financing deals activity in July 2021 was the China with seven deals, followed by the US with seven and Republic of Korea (South Korea) with two.
In 2021, as of July, medical devices artificial intelligence venture financing deals worth $3.36bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 75.5% year on year.
medical devices industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals accounted for 82.1% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices artificial intelligence venture financing deals stood at $279.2m, against the overall value of $340.1m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Infervision Technology $139.1m venture financing deal with CCB Trust,Chinese Fund of Funds (FOF),Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Springhill Fund,TopoScend Capital and Zhongguancun M&A Fund
2) The $66m venture financing of Aidoc by General Catalyst Partners
3) ScreenPoint Medical $28m venture financing deal with Insight Partners,Oost,Siemens Healthineers and University Radiology Group PC
4) The $20m venture financing of Paradromics Inc by Alpha Edison,Dolby Family Ventures,IT-Farm,Prime Movers Lab,Pureland Venture,Synergy Ventures and Westcott
5) Lunit $26.1m venture financing deal with Guardant Health