Total medical devices industry cross border deals worth $4.4bn were announced globally for August 2022, with the Bain Capital’s $3.12bn private equity deal with Evident being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 69.5% over the previous month of $2.59bn and a rise of 27.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.44bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 33.33% with 40 deals in August 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 60 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $3.18bn in August 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Medical Devices industry cross border deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 91% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $4bn, against the overall value of $4.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital’s $3.12bn private equity deal with Evident
2) The $468.22m acquisition of B Medical Systems by Azenta
3) Bio-Rad Laboratories’s $170m acquisition deal with Curiosity Diagnostics
4) The $137.14m acquisition of Genome Diagnostics by Eurobio Scientific
5) Andera Partners, Bain Capital Life Sciences, Cormorant Asset Management, Gimv, Innovatus Capital Partners, Peijia Medical, Pictet Alternative Advisors, Qatar Investment Authority, RMM Consulting Group, Valiance Advisors and Venture Incubator’s $100m venture financing deal with JenaValve Technology