The $260m venture financing of Imperative Care was the medical devices industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally in July 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 26.4% over the previous month of $2.01bn and a rise of 108.01% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $711.49m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $607m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $607m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in July 2021 was the US with nine deals, followed by the The Netherlands with four and Israel with three.
In 2021, as of July, medical devices cross border venture financing deals worth $7.36bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 138.4% year on year.
medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 51.9% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border venture financing deals stood at $770.1m, against the overall value of $1.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Imperative Care $260m venture financing deal with Ally Bridge Group,AMED Ventures GP,Ascension Health Ventures,Bain Capital Life Sciences,D1 Capital Partners,Delos Capital,HealthCor Management,Innovatus Capital Partners and Rock Springs Capital Management
2) The $150m venture financing of MicroPort Cardiac Rhythm Management by China International Capital,Country Garden Venture Capital,E Fund Management,Hillhouse Capital Group,L Squared Capital Partners,MicroPort Scientific,Wanhui Capital and Yong Rong (HK) Asset Management
3) Beijing Infervision Technology $139.1m venture financing deal with CCB Trust,Chinese Fund of Funds (FOF),Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Springhill Fund,TopoScend Capital and Zhongguancun M&A Fund
4) The $105m venture financing of TMRW Life Sciences by 5AM Venture Management,Anne Wojcicki,Casdin Capital,GV Management Co,Life Science Innovations Fund,Peter Thiel,Signature Bank,Susan Wojcicki and Transformation Capital
5) Geneplus Beijing $116m venture financing deal with Baidu Ventures,CCB International Holdings,GGV Capital and Jinmao Capital Investment