Total medical devices industry deals worth $29.3bn were announced globally for November 2022, with Johnson & Johnson’s $16.6bn acquisition deal with Abiomed being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 419.5% over the previous month of $5.63bn and a rise of 149.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $11.74bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 32.04% with 140 deals in November 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 206 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $28.91bn in November 2022.
Medical Devices industry deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 97.6% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $28.56bn, against the overall value of $29.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Johnson & Johnson’s $16.6bn acquisition deal with Abiomed
2) The $8.9bn acquisition of Summit Health by VillageMD
3) WerfenLife’s $2bn acquisition deal with Immucor
4) The $615m acquisition of Apollo Endosurgery by Boston Scientific
5) Arsenal Capital Partners’s $449m private equity deal for 18% stake in Certara