Total medical devices industry deals worth $3.8bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $556.1m private equity deal for 60.8% stake with Classys being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 63.1% over the previous month of $10.4bn and a drop of 76.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $16.12bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 1.04% with 194 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 192 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.21bn in February 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
medical devices industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 40.7% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.56bn, against the overall value of $3.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital Private Equity $556.1m private equity deal for 60.8% stake in Classys
2) The $325m venture financing of Somatus by Anthem,Blue Venture Fund,Deerfield ManagementLP,Fidelity Management & Research,Flare Capital Partners,General Insuranceof India,Inova Health System,Longitude Capital Management Co,Optum Ventures,RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP
3) Altaris Capital Partners $241m private equity deal with IntriCon
4) The $227.57m acquisition of 9.07% stake in Cardiac Insight by Dreamtech
5) South Elm Investments B V $210m private equity deal with Micro Life Sciences