Total medical devices industry deals worth $5.7bn were announced globally for August 2022, with Bain Capital’s $3.12bn private equity deal with Evident being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 39.5% over the previous month of $9.36bn and a drop of 54.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $12.48bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 21.89% with 157 deals in August 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 201 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $3.35bn in August 2022.
Medical Devices industry deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 76.2% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $4.31bn, against the overall value of $5.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital’s $3.12bn private equity deal with Evident
2) The $468.22m acquisition of B Medical Systems by Azenta
3) Teleflex’s $300m acquisition deal with Standard Bariatrics
4) The $250m acquisition of Biorez by ConMed
5) Bio-Rad Laboratories’s $170m acquisition deal with Curiosity Diagnostics