Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2019 worth $593.15m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 9.4% over the previous month and a drop of 23.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $777.61m.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $368.63m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $363.2m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in August 2019 was the US with 47 deals, followed by China with 12 and Canada with five.
In 2019, as of the end of August 2019, medical devices venture financing deals worth $6.49bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 6.9% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2019: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 30.4% of the overall value during August 2019.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $180m, against the overall value of $593.15m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of August 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Dreamers Fund, KPCB Green Growth Fund, Lowercase Capital, Reproductive Health Investors Alliance, TriplePoint Capital, Union Square Ventures and Y Combinator Management’s $52m venture financing of Nurx
2) The $35m venture financing of eXo Imaging by Applied Ventures, Bold Capital Partners, Creative Ventures, Intel Capital, Longevity Vision Fund, Magnetar Capital, Nautilus Ventures, OSF HealthCare System, Rising Tide Fund Managers, Sony Innovation Fund and Wanxiang Healthcare Investments
3) Innovation Network of Japan, Innovative Venture Fund Investment, Japan Post Investment, Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures and SBI Investment’s $33m venture financing of Atonarp
4) The $30m venture financing of Hound Labs by Benchmark Capital, Icon Ventures, Intrinsic Capital Partners, Main Street Advisors and NFP Ventures
5) Ascension Ventures, Brandon Capital Partners, Emergent Medical Partners, M.H. Carnegie & Co., Pty. and Split Rock Partners’ venture financing of EBR Systems for $30m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.