Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2020 worth $1.47bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 19.2% over the previous month and a rise of 21% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.21bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.03bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.03bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in August 2020 was the US with 62 deals, followed by China with 12 and Switzerland with four.
In 2020, as of the end of August 2020, medical devices venture financing deals worth $11.15bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 63.01% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 40.5% of the overall value during August 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $593.85m, against the overall value of $1.47bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of August 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital Life Sciences, BrightEdge Fund, Catalio Capital Management, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, Cormorant Asset Management, Data Collective Venture Capital, EcoR1 Capital, Farallon Capital Management, Fidelity Management & Research, GV Management Co, Janus Henderson Investors, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Novartis Venture Fund, Perceptive Advisors, Polaris Partners, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Rock Springs Capital Management, Sands Capital Management, Section 32, Soleus Capital Management and T Rowe Price Associates’ $270m venture financing of Freenome
2) The $96.86m venture financing of Shanghai Anbaida Investment Management Consulting(Emphasis) by Yestar Healthcare HoldingsLtd
3) Catalyst Health Ventures and Fidelity Management & Research’s $85m venture financing of Conformal Medical
4) The $71.99m venture financing of Shanghai Hanyu Medical Technology by Beijing Langzi Asiana Asset Management, Chunfeng Venture Capital, Citic Private Equity Funds Management, Dongzheng Rongcheng Capital Management, Honghui Capital, Powerfang Capital, Shenzhen Hefang Technology Development, Taifu Capital and yingke capital
5) Agilent Ventures, Cota Capital Management, Mayfield Fund and Novo Growth Equity’s venture financing of Mission Bio for $70m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.