Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in December 2020 worth $1.63bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 55.02% over the previous month and a rise of 20.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.35bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $907.62m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $896.64m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in December 2020 was the US with 41 deals, followed by China with 21 and Switzerland with four.
In 2020, as of the end of December 2020, medical devices venture financing deals worth $16.43bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 49.6% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in December 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 38.4% of the overall value during December 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $625.11m, against the overall value of $1.63bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of December 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, Franklin Templeton Investments, Google, Novo Holdings and T Rowe Price Associates’ $200m venture financing of Tempus Labs
2) The $150m venture financing of Singlera Genomics by CICC Kai Tak Fund, DETONG Capital Partners, FutureX Skyline Capital, Huamei International, Linden Asset Management, Prosperico Ventures, Proxima Ventures, Shanghai Free Trade Zone Fund Tao Capital, Shanghai Furong Investment, Shenzhen Green Pine Capital Partners and Wuxi Financial Investment
3) C&D Xinxing Investment, Jifeng Capital, Jinhe Capital, Luxin Venture Capital Group and Sequoia Capital China Fund’s $91.81m venture financing of ABclonal
4) The $91.65m venture financing of Coyote Bioscience by Frees Fund, GL Ventures, Grand Mount Capital and Kinghall Ventures
5) Fengrui Capital, Hillhouse Ventures, Huiyuan Capital and Jinhe Capital’s venture financing of Cayodi Bio for $91.65m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.