Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $231.3m were announced in North America in November 2022, led by $41m venture financing of Elemental Machines, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 57.3% over the previous month of $541.02m and a drop of 79.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.15bn.
North America held a 42.52% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $544.06m in November 2022. With a 42.46% share and deals worth $231.01m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 35 deals during November 2022, marking a decrease of 47.76% over the previous month and a drop of 56.25% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 33 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 45.6% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $105.4m, against the overall value of $231.3m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Digitalis Ventures, Gutbrain Ventures, Omega Venture Partners and Sageview Capital’s $41m venture financing deal with Elemental Machines
2) The $20m venture financing of Nyra Medical by Broadview Ventures, Epidarex Capital Partners, GRA Venture Fund and Vensana Capital
3) Catalio Capital Management, DCVC Management Co, Intel Capital, Ncourage Social Enterprise Foundation, Notley Ventures, Tampa General Hospital and TMC Investment’s $17m venture financing deal with Medical Informatics
4) The $15m venture financing of Boomerang Medical by Arboretum Ventures and Hatteras Venture Partners
5) Advanced MedTech Holdings and Lyndon Rive’s $12.4m venture financing deal with Sonomotion