Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $436.2m were announced in Asia-Pacific in March 2022, led by $80m venture financing of Shanghai Smartee Denti-Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 13% over the previous month of $501.17m and a drop of 23.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $567.52m.
Asia-Pacific held a 20.48% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.13bn in March 2022. With a 14.99% share and deals worth $319.29m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 34 deals during March 2022, marking an increase of 17.24% over the previous month and a drop of 5.56% over the 12-month average. China recorded 21 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 52.8% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $230.26m, against the overall value of $436.2m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Taikang Investment Management,China Resources Consumer Fund II,Jiaxing Science City and Zhangjiagang Industrial Investment $80m venture financing deal with Shanghai Smartee Denti-Technology
2) The $60m venture financing of Shanghai Lito Medical Technology by JinYi Capital
3) HealthQuad,Mass Mutual Ventures and Novo Holdings $40m venture financing deal with Qure.ai Technologies
4) The $31.37m venture financing of Shanghai Likai Technology by Hengxu Capital,Lingang Science and Technology Ventures,Shanghai Science and Technology Innovation Fund,Shanghai Zhangjiang Haoheng Innovation Equity Investment Management and Shenzhen Venture Capital Investment
5) CDH VGC,Changan Private Capital,Long Hill Capital and Yahui Investment $18.89m venture financing deal with Shenzhen Aibo Medical Robot