Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $4bn were announced globally in Q3 2022, led by $225m venture financing of Delfi Diagnostics, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 13.7% over the previous quarter and a drop of 40.4% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $6.68bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals worth $2.74bn in the period. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $2.67bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2022 was the US with 193 deals, followed by China with 92 and Canada with 13.
In 2022, at the end of , venture financing deals worth $4bn were announced globally in medical devices industry, marking a decrease of 25.4% year on year.
venture financing deals in medical devices industry in Q3 2022: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals in medical devices industry accounted for 19.04% of the overall value during Q3 2022.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $758m, against the overall value of $4bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of Q3 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AV8 Ventures, Brown Advisory, Cowen Healthcare Investments, DFJ Growth Management, Eli Lilly and Co, Foresite Capital Management, Illumina Ventures, Initiate Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Open Field Capital, Orbimed Advisors, Osage University Partners, Point Field Partners, Point72 Ventures, PTX Capital, Rock Springs Capital Management, Samsara BioCapital, T Rowe Price Associates and Windham Venture Partners’s $225m venture financing deal with Delfi Diagnostics
2) The $223m venture financing of Cleerly by Breyer Capital, Cigna Ventures, DigiTx Partners, Fidelity Management & Research, Heartland Healthcare Capital, LRVHealth, Mirae Asset Capital, New Leaf Ventures, Novartis, Peter Thiel, Piper Sandler Merchant Banking, Sands Capital Management, T Rowe Price Associates, T. Rowe Price Investment Management and Vensana Capital
3) Medtronic, Perceptive Advisors, RTW Investments, SternAegis Ventures and Terumo’s $110m venture financing deal with Orchestra BioMed
4) The $100m venture financing of Kerecis ehf by Emerson Collective (Emmerson Collective) and KIRKBI Invest
5) Andera Partners, Bain Capital Life Sciences, Cormorant Asset Management, Gimv, Innovatus Capital Partners, Peijia Medical, Pictet Alternative Advisors, Qatar Investment Authority, RMM Consulting Group, Valiance Advisors and Venture Incubator’s $100m venture financing deal with JenaValve Technology