Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $527.4m were announced in the US in October 2022, led by $70m venture financing of Prenuvo, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 30.7% over the previous month of $760.5m and a drop of 57.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.25bn.
The US held a 56.71% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $929.98m in October 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 61 deals during October 2022, marking a decrease of 18.67% over the previous month and a drop of 19.74% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 42.7% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $225m, against the overall value of $527.4m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anne Wojcicki, Cindy Crawford, Eric Schmidt, Felicis Ventures, Rande Gerber, Timothy A. Springer and Tony Fadell’s $70m venture financing deal with Prenuvo
2) The $40m venture financing of Radiomedix by Portland Investment Counsel
3) Deerfield Management Co and Foresite Capital Management’s $40m venture financing deal with Pleno
4) The $40m venture financing of Neocis by DFJ Growth Fund, Fred Moll, Intuitive Ventures Fund I, Mithril Capital Management, Norwest Venture Partners and Vivo Capital
5) Birchview Capital and InnovaHealth Partners’s $35m venture financing deal with Monteris Medical