Led by $80m venture financing of Proximie, total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $569m were announced in Europe in Q2 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 36.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 42.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $989.48m.
Europe held a 12.73% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $4.47bn in Q2 2022. With a 4.53% share and deals worth $202.39m, France was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of deal activity, Europe recorded 64 deals during Q2 2022, marking a decrease of 17.95% over the previous quarter and a rise of 7.56% over the last four-quarter average. The UK recorded 11 deals during the month.
Europe medical devices industry venture financing deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals accounted for 49.4% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $281.15m, against the overall value of $569m recorded for the quarter.
The top five medical devices deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Advent Life Sciences,British Patient Capital,Eight Roads Ventures,Emerson Collective,F Prime Capital,Global ventures,Maverick Ventures Israel,Minderoo Foundation,Mubadala Investment,Questa Capital Management and SoftBank Vision Fund 2 $80m venture financing deal with Proximie
2) The $75.34m venture financing of Diabeloop by Innovacom,LBO France and Terumo
3) 3VC Partners,Balderton Capital,Eurazeo,heal.capital Management,Picus Capital and Vorwerk Ventures $54.73m venture financing deal with Avi Medical
4) The $39.77m venture financing of LimFlow by BPI France,Longitude Capital Management Co,Sofinnova Partners and Soleus Capital Management
5) Cathay Capital (China),GT Healthcare Capital Partners,JJDC,Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC,Richard Leparmentier,Sacha Loiseau,Siddarth Satish,Sofinnova Partners and Yann Fleureau $31.3m venture financing deal with Moon Surgical