Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $760.5m were announced in the US in September 2022, led by $100m venture financing of Galvanize Therapeutics, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 4.1% over the previous month of $793.16m and a drop of 40.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.28bn.
The US held a 64.45% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.18bn in September 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 74 deals during September 2022, marking an increase of 15.63% over the previous month and a drop of 2.63% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry venture financing deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 44.6% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $339m, against the overall value of $760.5m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apple Tree Venture Management, Fidelity Management & Research, Gilmartin Capital and Intuitive Surgical’s $100m venture financing deal with Galvanize Therapeutics
2) The $67m venture financing of Neurolenses by Bluestem Capital Company, Falcon Vision Global, Marshall Wace and MVM Partners
3) CVS Health Ventures Management, Declaration Partners, Eden Global Partners, Euclidean Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Samsung NEXT Ventures, TriplePoint Capital and UPMC Enterprises’s $65m venture financing deal with Redesign Health
4) The $57m venture financing of EchoNous by Kennedy Lewis Investment Management
5) Ally Bridge Group’s $50m venture financing deal with Ceribell