Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $764.6m were announced in North America in September 2022, led by $100m venture financing of Galvanize Therapeutics, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 7.02% over the previous month of $822.35m and a drop of 41.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.3bn.
North America held a 64.80% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.18bn in September 2022. With a 64.45% share and deals worth $760.5m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 76 deals during September 2022, marking an increase of 10.14% over the previous month and a drop of 5.00% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 74 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 44.3% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $339m, against the overall value of $764.6m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apple Tree Venture Management, Fidelity Management & Research, Gilmartin Capital and Intuitive Surgical’s $100m venture financing deal with Galvanize Therapeutics
2) The $67m venture financing of Neurolenses by Bluestem Capital Company, Falcon Vision Global, Marshall Wace and MVM Partners
3) CVS Health Ventures Management, Declaration Partners, Eden Global Partners, Euclidean Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Samsung NEXT Ventures, TriplePoint Capital and UPMC Enterprises’s $65m venture financing deal with Redesign Health
4) The $57m venture financing of EchoNous by Kennedy Lewis Investment Management
5) Ally Bridge Group’s $50m venture financing deal with Ceribell