North America’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 5.00% in cross border deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by SD Biosensor and SJL Partners’ $1.54bn private equity deal with Meridian Bioscience, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 21 medical devices industry cross border deals worth $2.2bn were announced for the region in July 2022, against the 12-month average of 20 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in July 2022 with 15 transactions, representing a 71.4% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with three deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 14.3% and 14.3% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, private equity was the leading category in North America’s medical devices industry with $1.6bn, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $628.95m and $1.8m, respectively.
North America medical devices industry cross border deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices cross border deals accounted for 90% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border deals stood at $2bn, against the overall value of $2.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) SD Biosensor and SJL Partners $1.54bn private equity deal with Meridian Bioscience
2) The $223m venture financing of Cleerly by Breyer Capital,Cigna Ventures,DigiTx Partners,Fidelity Management & Research,Heartland Healthcare Capital,LRVHealth,Mirae Asset Capital,New Leaf Ventures,Novartis,Peter Thiel,Piper Sandler Merchant Banking,Sands Capital Management,T Rowe Price Associates,T. Rowe Price Investment Management and Vensana Capital
3) Medtronic,Perceptive Advisors,RTW Investments,SternAegis Ventures and Terumo $110m venture financing deal with Orchestra BioMed
4) The $75m venture financing of Medical Microinstruments by Andera Partners,BioStar Capital,Deerfield Management Co,Fountain Healthcare Partners,Panakes Partners,RA Capital Management and Samba Tech
5) ARTIS Ventures,Axial VC,DeciBio Consulting,KKRInc,Lansdowne Partners,OMX Ventures and SALT Fund $55m venture financing deal with Replay Therapeutics