US medical devices industry saw a rise of 15% in overall cross border deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Anthem, Blue Venture Fund, Deerfield ManagementLP, Fidelity Management & Research, Flare Capital Partners, General Insuranceof India, Inova Health System, Longitude Capital Management Co, Optum Ventures, RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP’s $325m venture financing of Somatus, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 23 cross border deals worth $1bn were announced in February 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 20 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 15 deals, which accounted for 65.2% of all cross border deals.
In second place was M&A with seven cross border deals, followed by private equity with one transactions, respectively accounting for 30.4% and 4.4% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in the US medical devices industry with total deals worth $664.39m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $261.57m and $104m respectively.
US medical devices industry cross border deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals accounted for 78.5% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border deals stood at $808.07m, against the overall value of $1bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anthem,Blue Venture Fund,Deerfield ManagementLP,Fidelity Management & Research,Flare Capital Partners,General Insuranceof India,Inova Health System,Longitude Capital Management Co,Optum Ventures,RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP $325m venture financing deal with Somatus
2) The $227.57m acquisition of 9.07% stake in Cardiac Insight by Dreamtech
3) Alumni Ventures Group,aMoon Funds,Cowen Healthcare Investments,Echo Health Ventures,Hitachi Ventures,Khosla Ventures,Laurion Capital Management,Monashee Investment Management,Neuberger Berman Group,Northpond Ventures and Optum Ventures $110m venture financing deal with Scipher Medicine
4) The $104m private equity of Nalu Medical by Advent Life Sciences,Aperture Venture Partners,Decheng Capital,Endeavour Vision,Gilde Healthcare Partners,Longitude Capital Management Co,MVM Partners and Pura Vida Investments
5) 20/20 HealthCare Partners,New Era Capital Partners,Peregrine Ventures,Pitango HealthTech and Robert Bosch Venture Capital $41.5m venture financing deal with Variantyx
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.