Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2020 worth $1.03bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 15% over the previous month and a rise of 41% when compared with the last 12-month average of $732.58m.
The US held a 70.4% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.47bn in August 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 62 deals during August 2020, marking an increase of 12.7% over the previous month and a rise of 5.1% over the 12-month average.
The US medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 51.8% of the overall value during August 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $535m, against the overall value of $1.03bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of August 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital Life Sciences, BrightEdge Fund, Catalio Capital Management, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, Cormorant Asset Management, Data Collective Venture Capital, EcoR1 Capital, Farallon Capital Management, Fidelity Management & Research, GV Management Co, Janus Henderson Investors, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Novartis Venture Fund, Perceptive Advisors, Polaris Partners, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Rock Springs Capital Management, Sands Capital Management, Section 32, Soleus Capital Management and T Rowe Price Associates’ $270m venture financing of Freenome
2) The $85m venture financing of Conformal Medical by Catalyst Health Ventures and Fidelity Management & Research
3) Agilent Ventures, Cota Capital Management, Mayfield Fund and Novo Growth Equity’s $70m venture financing of Mission Bio
4) The $55m venture financing of Fractyl Laboratories by Bessemer Venture Partners, Catalio Capital Management, CDIB Venture Capital, Domain Associates, Emergent Medical Partners, General Catalyst Partners, GV Management Co, Mithril Capital Management, Taiwania Capital Management, True Ventures and YJ Capital
5) Bessemer Venture Partners, Catalio Capital Management, CDIB Venture Capital, Domain Associates, Emergent Medical Partners, General Catalyst Partners, GV Management Co, Mithril Capital Management, Taiwania Capital Management, True Ventures and YJ Capital’s venture financing of Fractyl Laboratories for $55m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.