ConvaTec, a global medical device company specialising in wound and skin care, has announced plans to raise approximately $1.8bn through a stock market listing in the London Stock Exchange.

Said to be the biggest initial public offering (IPO) in the UK’s healthcare sector so far in 2016, the proceeds from the offering will be used to pay the company’s debt.

Evercore Group is the financial advisor for the transaction, while BofA Merrill Lynch Asset Holdings, Goldman Sachs International and UBS Investment Bank are the joint book runners.

"With 50.1% share, Apex will be the majority stake holder and owner of the JV, while BD will hold the remaining 49.9% interest."

Biofluid-based diagnostics developer, Exosome Diagnostics has partnered with Amgen to test the potential to advance drug development using its proprietary liquid biopsy diagnostics technology and platform.

Pursuant to the agreement, the companies will work together to develop a highly sensitive liquid biopsy test, which would further advance the use of liquid biopsy tests in clinical development.

In a move to launch a complete human papillomavirus (HPV) diagnostic system in Latin America, Novacyt, a clinical diagnostics specialist, has agreed for a strategic alliance with  Cepheid, a molecular diagnostics company based in California, US.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The three year, non-exclusive agreement will allow Cepheid and its distribution partners to commercialise Novacyt’s NOVAprep vial, which is to be used in conjunction with Cepheid’s Xpert HPV assay (CE-IVD) to test for high-risk HPV infection.

A global medical technology company, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) has collaborated with Apax Partners to form a new joint venture (JV) global respiratory solutions company known as Vyaire Medical.

With 50.1% share, Apex will be the majority stake holder and owner of the JV, while BD will hold the remaining 49.9% interest.

The new company will include all entities within BD’s Respiratory Solutions business, including ventilation, respiratory diagnostics, Vital Signs and Airlife, and all its related facilities will be transferred to the new company.

GenomeDx Biosciences, developer of genomic Decipher Prostate Cancer Classifier tests, has entered a marketing partnership with Bostwick Laboratories, a laboratory specialising in uropathology.

The agreement enables Bostwick to offer Decipher Biopsy on their requisition forms, allowing its customer to electronically order and easily access Decipher test.