Deals this week: Medizone International, Corindus Vascular Robotics, Theraclion

27 April 2017 (Last Updated April 27th, 2017 18:30)

Medizone International has signed a definitive agreement with Innovasource to increase the availability of the AsepticSure system, its portable hospital disinfection system.

Medizone International has signed a definitive agreement with Innovasource to increase the availability of the AsepticSure system, its portable hospital disinfection solution.

Innovasource will promote and sell the AsepticSure system to current and potential future customers by providing sales presentations and product demonstrations.

BLOXR Solutions has granted Corindus Vascular Robotics non-exclusive rights to distribute its radiation protection line of products worldwide.

Corindus will sell BLOXR’s products, including aprons, thyroid collars and caps to catheter laboratory customers around the world.

French company Theraclion has agreed to establish a joint venture (JV) with China-based Inner Mongolia Free Han and Mongolia Pharmaceutical Company in a move to take its ultrasonic tumour therapy system to the Chinese market.

Theraclion will own 56% share in the JV, to be named as Theraclion China Co Ltd, while the remaining 44% will be owned by the partner company.

The new JV, which will be based in Shenzhen, China, are to develop Theraclion‘s flagship product Echopulse, which is a non-invasive ultrasound device used for the treatment of breast fibroadenomas.

HTG Molecular Diagnostics and cancer treatment centre, Instituto Valenciano de Oncologia (IVO), have announced a new research collaboration agreement.

"The HTG EdgeSeq Oncology Biomarker Panel will be used to develop and validate breast cancer recurrence risk score, based on genes that are differentially expressed between low and high-risk patients."

The HTG EdgeSeq Oncology Biomarker Panel will be used to develop and validate breast cancer recurrence risk score, based on genes that are differentially expressed between low and high-risk patients.

HTG’s panel is capable of using a single, formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue section that can be used by IVO for testing of breast cancer patients in Spain.

The collaboration aims to develop a cost-effective and decentralised laboratory solution that helps patients to make informed treatment decisions at an early stage.

REVA Medical intends to raise gross proceeds of $30.15m through a private placement of 8% convertible notes due in 2022.

The proceeds from the offering, which will be subscribed to by a number of institutional and one corporate investor, will be used by the company for operational purposes, capital expenditures and other working capital needs.

Healthcare disinfecting systems developer Two Pore Guys, has announced the closure of a Series A venture financing round, led by Khosla Ventures LLC, to raise $24.5m.

Based in California, US, Two Pore Guys is a developer of molecule biosensors for diagnostic uses.

Proceeds will be used by the company to increase the production of its 2PG’s handheld, point-of-use testing system, to expand its executive team, and to further advance its two-pore technology for whole genome sequencing and mapping.


Image: Innovasource will provide sales support for Medizone's AsepticSure system. Photo: courtesy of Medizone International Inc.