Besides the built-in analogue input and encoder output ports, the LD drives will also accept an interface card for custom requirements.
Tailored to the OEM needs for special network connectivity or motion control functionally, Luminary option interface cards, installed onto the standard drive, are designed and built to the OEM’s exact specifications. Option cards, customised for the OEM, are installed onto the Luminary Drive to provide a variety of connectivity solutions.
Besides the built-in analogue input and encoder output ports, the Luminary Drive will also accept an interface card for custom requirements. Following information showcases options currently available.
1. Serial Bus Interface (SBI)
- The Luminary Drive unit shown at the right shows the Digital Drive Network option used to connect to the Luminary LMC-400 multi-axis programmable automation controller.
- Provides positioning, master/slave, camming, and programmable limit switch tied to a master.
- Simple RJ11 connector cables form a star configuration.
- Up to 4 servo drives and/or stepper drives can be controlled.
- All analogue and digital points become independent of the drive and are commanded by the controller
2. Modbus RTU/RS485 Serial Network Interface Card
- Option card allows connections to the drive functions
- Connect as a point to point, multi-dropped or multi-point network of 1 to 16 drives
- Modbus RTU protocol with half-duplex or full-duplex configurations
- Provides real-time read/write access to all 16 bit and 32-bit register values
3. PC USB Serial Interface Card
- LD-USB option for Modbus serial communication over USB a PC link
- L-Drive PC based set-up and commissioning software
- L-Drive software allows setting motor and drive parameters
- Monitoring features providing speed vs time and torque vs time
- Graphs displaying motor responses in real-time on your PC
Analog Output Card
- Monitor motor speed
- Monitor motor torque
- LDAA-001 card provides a standard +10 / -10 voltage output and small 12 vdc supply
- Isolated from the digital interface