Discover multiple examples of systems that provide solutions to a variety of practical industrial applications....
Designed with the OEM in mind, the Luminary Series packs a full feature list of control capabilities into a low-cost hardware platform.
The Luminary series includes the multi-axis capability to control four Luminary Series drives and access to 36 I/O points.
- Four-port drive network hub — Interfaces to an LCSD option card installed on the LD drive.
- Eight general-purpose digital inputs and four digital outputs, 24Vdc logic, optically isolated
- Digital inputs can also be configured for use as a master encoder input, registration marker input and position capture functions.
- All outputs can be controlled separately or synchronised to a master and configured as programmable limit switches.
- USB Serial (Port1) software development port
- RS-232 Serial (Port2) for terminals and touchscreens.
- Line input power: 100 – 265 Vac input range.
Versatile motion controller
In most applications, using the versatility of the Luminary Series, an OEM machinery builder is able to integrate external logic functionally into the IIS Luminary Series to realise additional cost savings.
Multi-axis servo capability
The Luminary Series Controller, LCMC, features multi-axis capability which will control four Luminary Series drives and provide access to 36 I/O points. The LCMC features a master encoder input bus and four drive ports for synchronised motion and coordinated I/O. Touchscreens, ASCII terminals, or a PC can connect to one of two serial ports for operator interaction or remote control.
Hardware and software installation
Program the LCMC with the IIS standard Emerald Motion Language (EML) using the EDE software development tools. With over 30 years of motion control experience behind the EDE tools, IIS provides the OEM complete but simple access to its servo motors, an external encoder, input and output hardware switches and various sensors.
- “BASIC-like” programming using (EML) Emerald Motion Language provides integer, floating-point, strings, arrays, full-motion functions for indexing, positioning, gear ratio, and versatile electronic cam arrays. Full control of interrupts tagged to any input, output, status flag, or timer flag.
Full control for less cost
Using the Emerald Motion Language, one can set up electronic cam motion, electronic gear ratio functions and programmable limit/drum switch control to run as high priority synchronised background tasks. A deterministic motion bus, subroutine mapping to an interrupt manager, and access to program memory through the serial port provide the real-time environment for a flexible system with consistent results.
Precise speed control is crucial for reliable results in a variety of motion control applications....
Specifically for OEM machinery control applications, the Industrial Indexing Systems' Luminary Series Stepper Drives packs...
Luminary Series servo drives offer an alternative to OEMs and a cost-competitive alternative to stepper...