Polyurethane foams from Coveris Advanced Coatings are part of the company's inspire® medical portfolio.The polyurethane...
The inspire® brand of polyurethane films has been specifically developed for professional wound care products.
The inspire films are being used successfully in IV dressings, hydrocolloid dressings, foam dressings and a number of other high-performance dressings. The materials have been designed to give exceptional performance characteristics for the end user and efficient converting performance for the wound dressing manufacturer.
The polyurethane films are available on either a paper or film carrier (backing) and in thicknesses from 15µm to 60µm and a range of colours.
Product features and benefits:
- Low coefficient of friction to prevent the dressing being removed by rubbing against clothing or bed sheets
- Excellent flexibility and conformability which ensure good adhesion to the skin
- Excellent breathability (MVTR) which prevents a build up of perspiration or wound exudate between the dressing and the skin
- Films provide a barrier to stop ingress of bacteria into the wound and reduces the risk of infection
A number of the inspire polyurethane films are available as adhesive coated products. Several pressure sensitive adhesive versions are available from the inspire range and offer the potential to create wound dressings with different adhesive strengths and with a range of breathability (MVTR).
The latest addition to the inspire wound care portfolio is pattern coated adhesives on both film and foam backings.
In addition to the standard range of inspire polyurethane films Coveris Advanced Coatings offers:
- In-house printing to create product branding opportunities and antibacterial additives
Coveris Advanced Coatings recently exhibited at Medica 2014 in Dusseldorf, Germany.Medica attracts specialists from the...
Coveris has announced the launch of its new coveris.com website, giving customers, investors and career...
It has been one year since Coveris Advanced Coatings launched a new range of breathable...