The inspire® brand of polyurethane foam has been developed for professional woundcare products where soft cushioning, insulation and ease of application are required. The foam materials are typically provided with a thin inspire film on the surface to achieve a low coefficient of friction and bacterial barrier. Versions without a film surface are available.
The standard inspire range of polyurethane foam is available in thicknesses from 250µm to 600µm however the polyurethane foam can be tailored to customer specifications for thickness, softness and colour. Standard colours within the range include white, beige (tan) and pink. The white foam will not "yellow" on exposure to light or radiation.
Product features and benefits
- The film / foam materials benefit from all of the surface features and benefits associated with the inspire film range
- Insulating properties which have been shown to aid the wound healing process
- The polyurethane foam is extremely soft and flexible providing comfort and protection for the patient
- The foam manufacturing process at Coveris Advanced Coatings is very versatile and we would welcome the opportunity to create new materials to meet your needs
- A number of the inspire foams are available as adhesive coated products. They offer the potential to create wound dressings with different adhesive strengths and with a range of breathability (MVTR)
In addition to the standard range of inspire polyurethane foams, Coveris Advanced Coatings offers:
- In-house printing to create product branding opportunities
- Pattern coated adhesives
- Anti-bacterial additives