To quickly and efficiently develop reliable, convenient and low-cost medical devices, engineers require microcontrollers (MCUs)...
Texas Instruments (TI) has introduced a family of high-reliability power management integrated circuits and advanced CMOS (AC) logic devices to increase system-level reliability in applications exposed to long-term radiation and extreme temperatures, such as downhole drilling, x-ray imaging, satellite systems and high-altitude avionics.
The new UC18xx pulse width modulation (PWM) controllers for switching power supply-based applications, plus the new UC1525B-SP, offer improved rate sensitivity, which allows for greater than 30krad(Si) tolerance to low dose rate radiation. In addition, three new parts in TI’s SN54ACxx AC logic family reach a total irradiated dose (TID) level of 50krad(Si) to allow for lower leakage current and improved radiation performance. For complete product information, please see our website.
- UC18xx-SP devices achieve greater than 30krad(Si) tolerance to low dose rate irradiation and provide up to 500KHz voltage/current mode pulse width modulation control
- UC1525B-SP offers a dual output, 250kHz voltage mode PWM controller
- SN54ACxx-SP devices reach up to 50krad(Si) of TID levels of radiation and offer quadruple two-input positive-NOR and NAND gates
- ELDRS radiation test summary available upon request
- Increase long-term system-level reliability up to 30% based on low dose radiation effects
- Reduce expensive repairs, replacement costs and maintenance requirements for critical applications
- Higher ‘critical mission’ life rating; improved devices meet ten to 15-year requirement for satellite mission lifetimes
- Fewer incoming inspection/testing criteria and less system-level shielding requirements
Availability and samples
The new UC18xx-SP devices, the UC1525B-SP and the new SN54ACxx-SP parts are available today through TI and its authorized distributors, and are orderable by their respective QML Class-V Standard Military Drawing (SMD). Please visit our website to order samples or download technical information.
Medical Imaging Developers Can Speed Time to Market, Improve Performance and Lower Costs with TI’s New Embedded Processor Software Toolkit
Delivering on its promise to offer a portfolio of highly customizable DSP (digital signal processor)...
TI’s PECL Buffers Offer a Complete Range of Speeds and Supply Voltage Options for Communications, Test and Measurement, and Medical Applications
Texas Instruments (TI) has introduced a family of eight positive emitter-coupled logic (PECL) buffers, translators...
Medical Imaging Equipment OEMs Can Achieve Faster, More Accurate Results with TI’s Portfolio of Embedded Processors and Analog Products
Texas Instruments (TI) has announced a portfolio of more than 15 dedicated embedded processors which...