SilcoGuard® is a high-purity silicon barrier coating process designed to minimise vacuum system outgassing and contamination in ultra-high vacuum chambers and semiconductor process flow paths. SilcoGuard is bonded to stainless steel, alloy, glass, and ceramic surfaces by SilcoTek’s patented chemical vapor deposition process.
The SilcoGuard high-purity, moisture-repelling surface acts as a barrier, isolating any impurities trapped on or in the surface while minimising outgassing and process contamination in UHV environments.
Coating Benefits for Vacuum Process Applications
- Significantly reduce pump down time
- Reduce moisture contamination and outgassing
- Barrier coating prevents surface contamination
- Improve product yield and test purity
- Improve productivity
Non-reactive, high-temperature CVD coating
The SilcoGuard coating technology maximises the performance of UHV systems. Comparative studies show SilcoGuard reduces pump down time by up to 3x or more.
Coated UHV surfaces improve system productivity while preventing contamination from stainless steel flow paths. SilcoGuard significantly improves moisture management in semiconductor, analytical and UHV systems.
- Semiconductor: Applying SilcoGuard to the internal surfaces of vacuum systems can dramatically reduce outgassing rates and improve the productivity of process chambers.
- Research: SilcoGuard treated vacuum chamber surfaces achieve a lower base pressure significantly faster than uncoated surfaces; saving time, improving productivity and reducing process cost.
- Vacuum Processing: Coated UHV surfaces improve system productivity while preventing contamination from stainless steel flow paths.