The VELA Mammography Chair is optimal for patients who need to sit down during examinations, e.g. women prone to fainting, wheelchair users or patients with diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system.
- Quick and secure patient positioning for the examination device using the chair’s smooth-running wheels, push bar and foot brake.
- More accurate examinations for anxious or unsteady patients as they are more able to relax when seated.
- Optimal positioning of the patient with electric height adjustment, which makes it easy to vary the chair height to suit the equipment and staff.
- Good working position for the staff because regardless of the patient’s height they can be seated at the right height for the staff, reducing stress in the back, neck and shoulders.
- Forward-leaning position easily achieved and secured by adjusting the backrest.
- The patient can be transferred between, for example a wheelchair and the patient chair due to foldable armrests.
VELA medical chairs are designed to meet the stringent hygiene and disinfecting requirements in the healthcare sector.
- For optimal hygiene, chairs have easy-to-clean surfaces without recesses where dirt might gather, including the underside of the chair.
- All backrests are supplied with edge bands to prevent dirt from collecting in the joints.
- All parts can withstand disinfection, for example, with alcohol or chlorine at the recommended concentration and mixing ratios.
- Light-coloured surfaces make it easy to spot marks when cleaning.
Tests and approvals
CE branding: The chair is CE-branded in accordance with medicinal directive MDD 93/42/EEC, which means that the chair complies with all European security requirements.
EMC-test: The chair’s electrical functions are tested and approved in accordance with the latest demands regarding electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), both in terms of radiation and susceptibility, which means that the chair is completely safe to use with all types of electrical equipment, including pacemakers and cellphones.
IP21: The chair’s electrical functions are tested and approved in accordance with IEC 60529 and the chair has an Ingress Protection (IP)21 degree of security, meaning that all components are waterproof and safe to use. This also means that all electronics are protected from water drops as well as touch.